Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The Jimmies ~ Make Your Own Someday

Toe-tappin, Hip-Shakin', Head-Boppin' for the Whole Family

My kid is a music fanatic. I’m not real sure if we did something to make him love music the way he does, or if he got the genes from us (we were both active in music all throughout all of our school years, even through college), or if he is really just that cool (I think it’s the latter), but when he hears the beat to pretty much any kind of music, he dances like he is Kevin Bacon in Footloose.
So when I received the CD Make Your Own Someday [$15] by the ultra-awesome kid’s rock band, The Jimmies I knew he would love it before I even opened the package. I’ll tell ya, the BEST part of this album is that it’s not your typical kiddie songs. The songs are catchy and don’t make you want to gouge your eyes out when your kid wants to hear the same song over and over and over. I seriously find myself singing along and having, almost as much as Jonah! Even long after the CD has stopped, I still can’t get some of the rhythms and melodies out of my head.
If you are in the market for an upbeat, fun, and funky CD for your little ones, and Wheels on the Bus or Old McDonald just aren’t cutting it anymore, head on over to The Jimmies website and pick yourself up a copy of the album, Make Your Own Someday. And while you are there, browse their super awesome website, where you will find fun video’s, songs, pictures, and more. You can even snag yourself a Jimmies t-shirt for your little groupie! Now, rock on!

No comments: