Sunday, January 4, 2009

Baby Lists: What to Do and What to Get to Prepare for Baby


Lost of Lists, for the List Maker in You

I have never officially been diagnosed with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder, but I swear, I have to have at least an inkling of it running in my veins. I obsess over many things, yet have the memory of a goldfish. So lists are a vital part of our coexistence as a family in this house. We have a list of housework on the refrigerator, and a list specifically for when Jonah last took a medication or had his temperature taken. We have lists for groceries and daily tasks. And it works well around here. That visual reminder does wonders over trying to remember everything, because I am bound to forget something at any given time. It’s so true.
So you can imagine my excitement when I received the book Baby Lists: What to Do and What to Get to Prepare for Baby [$15] by Elaine Farber. And even though this is my second pregnancy, it doesn’t mean I don’t need a few reminders on what to do and when to do it. Plus, I plan on doing things a little bit differently this time around, and the information found within the pages of this book are helping me make wiser choices than I did the first time around.
For example, I did not breastfeed my son. I was uneducated and uninformed on the facts of breastfeeding, but ever since I did my research, I always knew how important it was going to be to breastfeed my next. In this book I found a list of products that are useful for breastfeeding mothers, as well as a thorough section of the recommended birth plan that applies specifically to my breastfeeding beliefs. Another list I really liked was in Chapter 25, the Master Shopping List. It takes all of the important products from the preceding chapters, wraps them into one nice and condensed list, so you can go straight from Newborn Necessities (like how many onesies, sleepers, and bibs you may need) all the way through Feeding, Baby Gear, and Toys and more. Seriously, I feel as though if I were to follow these lists, I wouldn’t forget a thing for my new baby girl!
Honestly, this book is a must-have guide for any mom, primarily those new mom’s, who feel as though “if only this baby came with an owner’s manual”. Elaine didn’t seem to forget a thing within these a pages.
If you are expecting or know of a fresh, new mama who is…this book would be the perfect gift, whether given/used DURING pregnancy, or even shortly after.
Baby Lists: What to Do and What to Get to Prepare for Baby by Elaine Farber is available at most major book retailers such as Border and Barnes & Noble as well as a number of online websites.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great music and videos-Love it! Finally something we can ALL enjoy!