Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Exergen Temporal Scanner

One Less Thing to Worry About

Being the hypochondriac that I am, we currently have about 4 thermometers in our house. And now that I am a mom, I have had to put that thermometer someplace “new”. Well, I wasn’t quite the fan, and decided that there had to be a better alternative out there. I was intrigued by the thermometer they used at our pediatrician’s office. I came to find out it was called a temporal artery thermometer. It is so amazing that the temperature can be taken of the child in less than 3 seconds with a slight swipe of the probe across their forehead. Let’s just say that my son even slept through it a few times, it’s THAT non-invasive.

I never asked the nurses at the pediatricians office about those thermometer’s, because I figured they were medical grade, and not supplied to the regular mama, but after a short bit of research on the internet, I came across the Exergen website where right there on the front page is a place to click on more information regarding the Exergen Temporal Scanner for Consumers [$30-$50]. I saw that it was sold at Wal-Mart so I made a trip there and found it. After bringing it home and even taking it along to the doctor’s office at our next visit (to compare readings with the medical grade version that they use), I got the exact same reading. I was totally impressed and have since bought another one (FYI…don’t let your child play with it, being dropped on the floor too many times by him resulted in damaging our first one).

Even better yet, it’s not restricted to be used only with babies and kids, the hubby and I use it on ourselves as well, and have always been pleased with it’s functionality and complete ease of use. We found it was completely worth the price.

The Exergen Temporal Scanner can be found at Walgreens, Sam’s Club, WalMart and many other retail locations.

No comments: