Sunday, February 1, 2009

John Grout's Relaxing Sounds of Nature CD

The Rain on My Face...

With my past experiences with anxiety and all the different medications I have tried to calm and relazx me in stressful situations, I have found that nothing can compare to the power of an amazing CD full of nature sounds. I have tried my hand with a number of different environmental CD’s but none have stuck with me like John Grout’s Relaxing Sounds of Nature.

Now, how different can one nature cd be from the next you ask? Well, we all are wired to respond to sounds and situations differently, so explaining why this one would great for everyone is difficult. But I can assure you that the first 3 tracks are the best! I actually have them memorized, with each hooting owl and raindrop like the lyrics to a song. It is comforting to know what’s coming up next. And if I close my eyes and meditate on it, I imagine myself sitting in that rainforest or on the coast of the Pacific Ocean, experiencing all of those noises first hand. Feeling the rain on my face, the breeze blowing by, and the waves at my feet.

If you are in need of some relaxation and releasing some tension, then I think this CD just might be you’re all natural answer. No medications, no therapy, no stress. It is all around relaxation. And come on, leading the life of SuperMom, SuperWife, and all around SuperWOMAN, can be tough. Give yourself a break!

No comments: