Friday, January 30, 2009

Little Stork ~ The Essential Delivery Bag

I’ve Got It in the Bag!

Now if you know me, I am a list-maker. I attempt to be as strictly organized as possible. Now ever since having my son almost 2 years ago, that obsessive-compulsiveness part of me has sort of been thrown to the wayside, but in preparation of the birth of our second ( a daughter, Lily), I have taken it back and am using it to my advantage.

You see, I am almost 36 weeks pregnant, so it’s nearing time and the inevitable “Hospital Bag Packing Ritual” of mine has begun in full force. But not without the help this time of Little Stork, a fun company that has taken all the guess work out of what you need to make your hospital stay during labor, delivery, and post-partum a breeze.

I got my hands on the Essential Bag [$115], but let me tell you, that is plenty for me! They also carry the Original, Deluxe, and Mother of All versions, all with a little more than the previous bag, so you would just need to check them out to see which one would satisfy all of your needs.
In the Essential Bag, there were 5 smaller bags, all for a different part of the process. The Birth Experience Bag has everything necessary to keep you calm and cool during labor; like ponytail holders, a headband, socks, camera, notepad, and more. Then there are Mom and Dad bags, all with the necessary toiletries for each parent. Then a small bag with an ever so cute hat for the baby (pink for girls, blur for boys, or green as a neutral), and then a small bag with breastpads and nipple cream (if you so choose to breastfeed).

Of course, I had to add some things of my own, like a few outfits for me, the take-home outfit for Lily, my video camera, and a few other small things, but with the amazingly large size of the bag, IT ALL FIT!!! And I quite the over preparer!

It’s nice to know that someone out there combined all the pertinent items needed for an expecting mother, so we can spend more time resting and relaxing for the big day. Now, as long as we remember to grab the bag on our way out the door, then we’ll be set!

No comments: