Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Little First Act Discovery

Discovering his musical side

We recently had the opportunity to check out a really cool toy from Little First Act Discovery, and I can’t say how excited my little guy was to put it to the toddler test! We received the Musical Learning Pal, Penny Piano and within seconds of taking it out of the box, my 20 month old son, Jonah had it all figured out! To tell you the truth, I was hoping to set it aside for my new little girl who I am due with at the beginning of March next year, but the little guy wasn’t about to let it out of his sight! By pressing on the hands, arms, and feet of Penny, a number of different songs and sayings can be heard. I was particularly happy with the selection of songs this toy came with. With Jonah loving his ABC’s and the Itsy Bitsy Spider, I knew he’d end up loving Penny. I had a hard time figuring out the sequence of pressing the hands and legs in order to get to a specific song, but like I said, after a few minutes, Jonah had found all the songs he loved. He would proudly sit Penny on the coffee table, press her right hand twice, and play his songs over and over, dancing along the whole time. I can’t tell you how many times the spider crawled up the water spout!

This wasn’t the first time I had heard of First Act Toys, so I knew before it even arrived at my doorstep that the quality of the toy being sent to me would be top of the line. I have no fear letting my son (and soon to be daughter) play with Penny to their hearts content. And even though Penny is recommended for ages 6 months and older, my nearly 2 year old son still had a ball with it. She is soft and squishy, so I know when our baby girl gets here; she will have just as much fun with playing with Penny as her older brother does now.

Little First Act Discovery Toys also carries a variety of musical instruments and toys for little tikes, to tap in to their musical side, long before playing a real instrument is possible. And as they grow, they can move on to the First Act line of instruments and specifically made for older kids. And with musical programs being cut from the public school curriculum over and over again in our country, it’s nice to know that there is a company out there making sure our kids are still able to create music.

No comments: